Välkommen, bienvenue, welcome...

... En finsk serietecknare och -översättare önskar er välkomna.
... Un dessinateur et traducteur BD finlandais vous souhaite bienvenus.
... A Finnish cartoonist and comics translator wishes you welcome.

sunnuntai 16. lokakuuta 2011

Briefing to pencil to ink, roger wilco... uh, negative on that approach. Going around.

Well, this was the weekend the professional people at Chambéry comics festival made up their minds. As the stuff already was there, I imagined I can show you good people what I'd sent out. To be completely honest, I haven't had the nerve to even look at the scans, after I mailed the envelope.

Now I have cast another look at the stuff, and I am sorely disappointed. This is not material to land a contract with a big-time comics publisher in France. I don't know what I was thinking. Shouldn't have tried to do several jobs at once, but as there were paying gigs as well, I was thinking maybe... but no.
Looking at these pages just depresses the hell out of me. Observe the stages from Charlier's original typewritten sheets, to my pencil sketches and the inked line drawings... if I had the time and money, I'd just go back to the drawing board and use the inks as basic sketches all over again.

And in my general annoyance, I neglected to mention: The series "Tanguy et Laverdure" was created by Jean-Michel Charlier and Albert Uderzo, copyright holder is Dargaud. So this is just for educational purposes. Thanks.






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti